Rate Relief Measures to be Provided for Those Impacted by Covid-19
17 April 2020
Rate relief measures to be provided for those impacted by Covid-19
At a Special Meeting of the Northern Areas Council held on Thursday the 16th of April, Council approved to offer rate relief measures to those rate payers who’ve been significantly impacted as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Council will adopt a range of measures to support our residential and business communities during the outbreak of COVID-19 and throughout the forthcoming recovery period. Measures approved by Council include:
- Rate Payment Deferral upon application for those ratepayers experiencing hardship due to COVID-19, so that the latest date for payment for the Fourth Quarter 2019/20 and the First Quarter 2020/21 is deferred to 1 December 2020.
- Fines and interest for late payment will be waived during this time for approved applicants. Please Click Here to download the form.
- In addition to rate deferral, leases and community loans will be offered the same opportunity upon application.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, please call Council rates staff on 08 8664 1139 for a confidential discussion.
Council’s offices at Jamestown and Gladstone remain open, but Council strongly encourages members of the public to please call or email in the first instance. Payments are able to be made via online via Bpay and if people do visit the Jamestown or Gladstone office, but the preferred method of payment is Pay Wave.
The most up to date and trusted information and alerts regarding the Coronavirus should be sourced directly from the lead agencies dealing with the Coronavirus –
- SA Health – www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019 – Local updates and information
- Australian Government Department of Health – www.health.gov.au – National updates
- Smartraveller – www.smartraveller.gov.au – Latest travel advice
- Health Direct – www.healthdirect.gov.au – to check any symptoms
Any queries please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Northern Areas Council
Phone: 8664 1139