For up to date information about current emergencies look up Alert SA: https://www.alert.sa.gov.au/map and listen to ABC Radio.
Or information on a range of emergency situations: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/your-safety/emergency-information-and-alerts
To plan for your response in case of Bushfire and other fire related information: https://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp
For weather and other emergencies: http://www.ses.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp
Council related Emergencies and After Hours response
Council has an after hours response system for assessing and attending if necessary to issues that occur after hours and over weekends within the council district. The number for after hours issues is 0488 999 808.
Items Council is not responsible for include:
- Water supply and broken mains – Contact SA Water
- State Highways – Contact DPTI
- Issues that occur outside the Northern Areas District boundaries – Contact the relevant Council
- Private Property emergencies – Contact SES
- Electricity Supply issues – Contact SA Power Networks
- Native Animals – Contact Fauna Rescue http://www.faunarescue.org.au/about.htm or the RSPCA
Key Hazards and Risks Summary
Northern Areas Council district forms a part of the Yorke and Mid-North Zone for emergency management arrangements.
Together with lead agencies and other stakeholders, Council participates in the development of an Emergency Management Plan for the Zone.
The link below, will take you to a summary from that document which describes the key emergency risks that may impact communities in our area.
Within the document and in each emergency type described, there are additional links to further information to assist individuals and families to plan and prepare for emergencies that may impact them.